Hello

Started by prairiewind, November 20, 2016, 12:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prairiewind

Hello. I'm back in therapy after a long lapse and finding that, altho I have compassionate friends who try to understand, I can't expect them to really get what I'm going thru and I need that. I retd to therapy when my chronic nightmares started to affect the daytime more and was feeling more jumpy etc. My new therapist is very affirming but looking this in the eye again has actually increased my anxiety. I lived most if my life in denial so recognizing it for what it is brings it's own new kind of stress and grieving. Was glad to find this forum. I was on ootf years ago when dealing with a disordered family member.

mourningdove

Welcome, prairiewind! :)

Three Roses

Hello and welcome, Prairiewind! :wave:

woodsgnome

Prairiewind wrote: "...looking this in the eye again has actually increased my anxiety."

Living with this does have that tendency; sometimes one feels like 'whoa!-get me outta here'. But that strain is actually an important step,  so congrats  :applause: on having the perseverance to take it by sharing here. Then comes patience; discomfort might happen, but with it a sense of balance in finding one's way. Tall order; accepting that can help overcome the demons that will try to discourage.

Welcome, prairiewind.

radical

Welcome, Prairiewind,
I wish there was a way to the other side that didn't involve going through all the hard stuff.
You are very welcome here.  I'm glad you've found us, and look forward to listening and talking.

Ruby

Prairiewind, hi :) Welcome.

I'm new on here too.

Quoteso recognizing it for what it is brings it's own new kind of stress and grieving

So true.