Hello--this is my first time

Started by joyful, October 24, 2016, 07:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joyful

Hello
So this is my first time, I don't know exactly what to say...
I found this site from out of the fog. I've been doing a lot of research to try and put words to what is going on in me--all I know is that it isn't normal... reading about cPTSD it all just clicked if that makes sense. I struggle with a lot of issues from verbal/emotional abuse that's lasted as long as I can remember (my therapist described this person as pathological): depression, GAD, social anxiety, really low self esteem, panic attacks...you know. I isolate a lot and struggle with co-dependency also. I don't really know what I'm trying to say here. It's just been a really rough few weeks and I need to talk to people who understand I guess.

Three Roses

Welcome to the forum, Joyful! We're glad you are here.

Yes, I also had that experience of things suddenly clicking when I learned about cptsd. I've still got a ways to go, just started seeing a therapist in august but was diagnosed plain ol' ptsd in '12. My therapist is part of an hmo that won't diagnose me with cptsd since it's not in the DSM yet but I'm hoping that changes. I don't know why it's important to me but it is ;)

Thanks for joining! :wave:

Riverlad

Hello and welcome joyful :wave:,
Everything you have said will make perfect sense to the good people on this forum. I've only been here a short while and it really helps to discuss and read others posts. I'm sorry you are going through a tough period. I trust as you discover more you will understand that how you are feeling is a result of what's happened to you and that there is much you can do.
I admire your courage :thumbup:

joyful

Thank you guys. It feels safe here.