New to OOTS, very old to therapy.

Started by Riverlad, October 22, 2016, 02:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riverlad

Hi to all, have been watching forum for a few days. Is it normal to cry every time I read some posts? Think it is because the realization there are so many people like me (CPTSD) who face the seemingly endless struggle to cope yet somehow find the will to do so. Struggling with the fact I most likely was in a relationship with NPD. At times the confusing feelings and emotions are overwhelming, think this may be due to contradictions and lies. Appreciate comments.

mourningdove

Welcome, Riverlad! :)

I think it is perfectly normal to cry when you read some posts, especially if you've just discovered this place. I have to be careful myself sometimes not to get overwhelmed.

:hug:

Three Roses

Welcome, Riverlad! I think it's normal to cry when you read things you connect with, whether you're crying from compassion or from the relief you feel to finally feel like you're not alone anymore. Glad you joined us. :)

Kizzie

I cried a lot at first Riverlad   :'(.   You feel like you're crazy and so alone with this stuff and then suddenly you find out you are not crazy or alone.  It's a relief and kind of scary both at the same time or at least it was for me.

Welcome to OOTS  :heythere:

Riverlad

Thank you. Yes I think it is the combination of all. Your understanding and support is very much appreciated.

Boatsetsailrose

Quote 'yet somehow find the will to do so '
Arnt we amazing :) the strength and resilience we have and the magic of the human spirit to strive and thrive :)
I am just reading 'the body keeps the score ' by Bessel v d kolk' wonderful book.
Welcome river lad i am so glad you are here ,, finding our community which is so rich in identification and resources has been such a great gift for me and the way we support each other
I send you best wishes on the next stage in your recovery ...