Bullying as emotional abuse? (May be triggering)

Started by alliematt, October 15, 2016, 04:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanmagic7

alliematt, it hurts 35 yrs. later cuz those are unhealed wounds.  these wounds hurt our minds, and that takes a lot more work and time to heal them.  i don't know if it ever goes away completely - it's been layered, one wound on top of another.  each one needs its own healing, patiently, lovingly, with caring and kindness. 

i also believe that part of the healing comes from getting angry at all those creeps who have done this to us.  we've carried it inside us for so long, it keeps the wound raw.  we're mad at ourselves cuz we didn't speak up or smack them when we weren't in a position to do so.  we stayed silent, just hurting, for year after year, often blaming ourselves for what they did.  it wasn't our fault, it was never our fault.  just writing about this brought up some anger toward my sister that's been hiding.  time to pound my bed!  gotta get it out of me, otherwise it does keep hurting me. 

i wish healing for all of you, all of everyone, who has ever been bullied.  it's horrible.