Brand new here - hello again (I just posted in the OOTF forum)!

Started by creative23, October 15, 2016, 06:41:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

creative23

But I think this forum is more what I need.

I'm not dealing directly with a person with PD anymore, though my daughter has suffered as a result of her dad's PD. She has some of the same kinds of behaviors that he did, as well as having been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder. Her symptoms sound like complex PTSD to me.

I'm certain I have this condition, too, as a result of childhood abuse and the abusive relationship with my daughter's dad. I've done a fair amount of work on myself, 12 step program for family and friends of alcoholics, therapy, etc. I find myself barely holding on, emotionally, recently because I have been feeling so alone. I'm glad to be here and hope to find some solutions. I'm currently in the process of rebuilding my life after a long physical illness, and my emotional (CPTSD-related) challenges are coming to the fore as I try to move forward. I'm grateful for this forum and hope I find what I'm looking for here. Thank you for your kind attention.

alliematt

Welcome!  I just did the same thing; it was thanks to your post that I learned about this website. 

macandrui

Quote from: creative23 on October 15, 2016, 06:41:45 AM
I find myself barely holding on, emotionally, recently because I have been feeling so alone. I'm glad to be here and hope to find some solutions.

:hug: Welcome!

Three Roses

sanmagic7

so glad you made it here.  this place has been so helpful for me, and i hope you find the same in what you need and what you're looking for.  always remember to take care of you.  you're not alone.