Possible Alzheimer's?

Started by Danaus plexippus, August 01, 2016, 01:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danaus plexippus

I suspect I may have Alzheimer's, but all of my symptoms are also side effects of the meds I'm on. How can I be tested while I'm still medicated? How long will it take to get off all my meds? What will be left of my brain when I do get off my meds?

Kizzie

(Note: This is actually a response by Sansmagic to DP's post above (both were in another thread. I moved them here as it was a new topic):

danaus:

if you suspect something is going on with your brain, even if it might be med-induced, only your shrink or doctor can tell you for sure.  they have ways of knowing how to test for the reality of alzheimer's with or without meds.    they are also the ones who can give you the reassurance and the reality of your situation.  and, yes, many meds can cause symptoms of alzheimer's, but you'd need a professional to check it out for you to be sure.  best of luck with this.  if these symptoms are med related, perhaps you can get those meds changed so as not to have such unsettling side effects.  fingers crossed!

Boatsetsailrose

Hi danaus
Thank u for your post
I find myself thinking the same
Being on this anti dep and being able to retain information and my memory esp short term can be bad ... But I don't actually know if it is worse when not on the meds ?
I wonder if it's that I'm just focusing on it so much ....
I'd say it's unlikely you have dementia and are experiencing side effects of meds but as Kizzie said she your health care provider and talk it over
I know it is scarey because I worry if these tablets will have long term effect on my brain .. But I can't live without them right now so ....