Permission to change username

Started by xiao xiao, June 20, 2016, 06:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xiao xiao

Hi
I am a new member who registered a few hours ago. I inadvertently registered at Out of the Fog before I realised I had registered at the wrong site. I suffer from CPTSD and so came over here and registered with Out of the Storm. The trouble is, I was not allowed to use the same username so I hyphenated the one I was registered with at Out of the Fog. After registration was complete here, I immediately went over to Out of the Fog and deleted my account there....phew!

My problem is that here (Out of the Storm) will not let me change my username to the un-hyphenated version as it says 'Error: username already taken'  even though I have deleted my account at Out of the Fog.

I am seeking permission from the site managers to change my username to the one I prefer - the un-hyphenated version of my unique username.  I have not made any posts as yet so it is not a case of other users being mislead or anything like that.

How do I get in contact with the mods to seek permission to change my username?

Apologies for the convoluted rambling.

xiao xiao

Three Roses

Hello and welcome to our community! Kizzie is the person to contact. You can send her a pm altho she will probably see this thread.

Again, welcome!

Dutch Uncle

Hi xiao-xiao  :wave:  and welcome.

Unfortunately for you, there is already a member with the username xiao xiao http://outofthefog.net/C-PTSD/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=387.

So I'm afraid you can't have your nam the way you would prefer it to be: it's taken and there is nothing we can do about that.
I hope it will not withhold you from enjoying the site and community.

Welcome again,
Dutch.

xiao xiao

Quote from: Dutch Uncle on June 20, 2016, 08:33:38 PM
Hi xiao-xiao  :wave:  and welcome.

Unfortunately for you, there is already a member with the username xiao xiao http://outofthefog.net/C-PTSD/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=387.

So I'm afraid you can't have your nam the way you would prefer it to be: it's taken and there is nothing we can do about that.
I hope it will not withhold you from enjoying the site and community.

Welcome again,
Dutch.

Hi Dutch Uncle

As explained in my post that 'other username' is actually ME and the account has been deleted so, technically, there is no account with that username.  I will contact Kizzie as suggested. ...thanx :)

Kizzie

Hi and welcome xiao.  Dutch is correct that there is still another account with the unhyphenated version of your user name so it hasn't been deleted although I will do so.  It was created in March 2015 though - was that you?  In any event  I will delete it as there are no posts in the account and it has not been active since it was created.