Hello All

Started by Embot, October 29, 2015, 10:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Embot

Here i am with my spotted hankie on a stick packed with my dream diary, B vitamins and chocolate, with a cat on my shoulder, setting off on a new path of recovery with cat on my shoulder.
Have just (against advice) stopped drinking alcohol, day 7 :)
I think it will be ok because ive reduced over a 4 month period and swapped alcohol for Lustral which is a new thing.
(Taking meds every day is a new thing)  I had a diagnosis of severe chronic ptsd about 2 months ago. Which has made total sense of the last 44 years of my life! Ive done alot of homework on the subject, had a few lightbulb moments... and here i am setting out with a little trepidation, some fear and sadness but mostly relief that i CAN now begin to move foreward and recliaim my life.
Im here because im on waiting lists for specific professional support and need to do some self help in the meantime. As specially since ive just dropped my most relaible buffer ie alcohol and yes the advice was right the CPSD symptoms ARE worse, but im handling it so far.
So hello all. Thanks for being here. Speak soon  :thumbup:

Kizzie

Hi Embot and welcome to OOTS.  It's hard when you give up that alcoholic buffer I know so good for you for hanging in there.  I'm not familiar with Lustral but it sounds like it is helping take the edge off.  I was prescribed Celexa after quitting drinking (went cold turkey - NOT smart), and it got me through the worst of things.   

Sorry to hear you're on waiting list for professional help, that's the reality of mental health care in a lot of countries unfortunately.  You sound quite determined to recover and being here is a great start while you're waiting.  There are lots of resources you might want to have a look at and a lot of people who understand what's it's like to have CPTSD.  Many of us find Pete Walker's web site, articles and books quite relevant (he is a therapist who suffers from CPTSD himself).  Here's the URL - http://pete-walker.com/

Glad you found your way here!  :hug: