Hello not sure how this will go.....

Started by Me, December 14, 2015, 04:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Me

Hi I'm new to all this not sure what to write thanks

Dutch Uncle

Hi Me  :wave:

You can just read here if you want, and write when you feel like it. Feel free either way.
At the top of this section there is a so-called 'sticky post' called "Getting started at OOTS" which might be of help to you. (in case you hadn't spotted/read it yet)

Welcome to the club.  :hug:

tired

Hi
When I read posts by others I sometimes thing of things to say. 

foggy

still debating how to approach ,really using this site for my own benefit,i know that sounds selfish,but we must start to learn to use the51% rule have absolutely no idea how to tell my own"story",all i do know is that we are all the same but different and i know i initially wanted to"splurge" but then just did'nt know how to put across the complexity.I hope for myself and everyone else that eventually ,we can let enough of ourselves show through and trust that everything we try to contribute is received in the most positive way,to everyone here only my very kindest thoughts."ever tried,ever failed,no matter.try again,fail again,fail Better"

Kizzie

Hi Me - It is hard .... initially, and then all those years of not being allowed speak up or too afraid to say anything begin to kick in and it gets easier bit by bit because we have a lot to say, we're just not used to using our voice.   

Making a short, general post to test the waters is good way to start, then another one later to see if the water is warm, then wade in up to your ankles and eventually work up to going for a swim - all at your own pace because the words will come, it's the trust that needs a bit of a kick start. 

Glad you found your way here  :hug:

tired

How I interact with people here gives me insight . I'm pretty isolated because I'm not good at human contact and I avoid it but here I can try. I worry about how I come across and although the people here are real people i feel a little less terrified of making mistakes .  Dunno if that's a healthy attitude but anyway. I just ramble on about things then look back and draw conclusions .

papillon

Quote from: Kizzie on December 23, 2015, 04:59:55 PMMaking a short, general post to test the waters is good way to start, then another one later to see if the water is warm, then wade in up to your ankles and eventually work up to going for a swim - all at your own pace because the words will come, it's the trust that needs a bit of a kick start. 

I love this conversation! I think SO many of us can relate to this feeling. I know I hung around the periphery for a couple weeks before feeling brave enough to post.

Welcome to the forum, "Me", I hope that this becomes a safe place for you to practice trusting your voice and speaking up for yourself.  :hug:

foggy

just applaud all that has been said :applause:,tried to use an emoji ,all went wrong,hey-ho,"dip in where "you feel you can,hope you can find some help here,kindest thoughts

foggy

looks like the little happy-chappie symbol came through. :thumbup:well done me