Awaiting a prelim appt with a new T

Started by hypervigilante, September 09, 2015, 09:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hypervigilante

I am waiting outside the office of a potential new T.

I did my research and I'm really excited, it seems like a perfect fit.

My stomach boils and drowns in anticipation.

I just hope it's what I need. I waited a long time to reach a place for a T again.

Does anyone else face this anxiety? Or ever have? What stage is it in, if so?

Dyess

I still feel anxious when I go to see the T. I think it's because I don't know of what we are going to talk about, just that unknown. Hope the appointment went well and you have found the right one. I've heard that makes such a difference. Share with us how it went if you would like to.

Dutch Uncle

I'm not up to going to a T at the moment. And yeah, fear and anxiety are a part of what's holding me back. So I can relate.

I hope it went well.
Feeling better now?

:hug:

hypervigilante

Thank you both so, so kindly for your support!!

I hesitated getting back on here recently, please pardon my delay.

It's nerve-inducing for sure.  I really like her and I see a good future there. It's just that I notice there's a lot of trust to be fostered and with 45 minute intervals it feels really tough to get everything in and walk away without anxiety.

It'll be a tough financial commitment for sure, but that's never not going to be the case. She's a really good listener and I've returned to her since.  It'll be great to keep up as long as I can. 

I've had T experiences in the past that I feel were less nerve wracking. But I also didn't have a clinical diagnosis of CPTSD.  Maybe that makes the whole journey seem more daunting somehow.

Thanks again, Dutch Uncle and Trace.  It's really a powerful feeling to get feedback on this forum.

Dyess

Well I'm glad you came back and checked in with us. Glad to hear the new T is working out so far. I agree, sessions should be longer, at the beginning anyway. That way you could get a lot of stuff out there to deal with. Seems like when we get on a roll of good conversation it's time to leave and I feel like there was so much more to say. Oh well. We will get through this eventually, right? Come back anytime and keep us posted :)

Dutch Uncle

Wonderful news, hypervigilante.  :thumbup:

You're welcome any time.
:hug:

hypervigilante