Is it ok to take pills that you haven't used for a year?

Started by Indigochild, September 19, 2015, 10:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indigochild

Hi everyone

Quick question:
Is it ok to take anti depressants when you came off them a year ago and have still had them in their packet for a whole year?
Or do you think its dangerous to take pills that are a year old?

Im all for healthy natural methods of easing anxiety and other symptoms, but i dont care at the moment and just want a quick fix.
Any opinions / knowledge would be welcome
I cant find any information on this online.

Thanks.

KayFly

Indigochild

KayFly

No Worries. I didn't know they were on there until recently, and I wound up throwing out a lot of my partners old medicine

Dutch Uncle

If you find it necessary to use them again, apart from a one off, please do contact your GP or whoever issued you the medicine in the first place.

On a side note: Discarding expired medicine is best done through bringing them to a pharmacy. To some extend they are chemical waste, and the pharmacy will make sure they are destroyed in an appropriate manner. They often have special containers near the counter where you can just dump them in.  :thumbup:

Indigochild

Thank you Dutch Unkle and Mayfly.
I would like something only for when i need it, but it takes ages to get appointments, right now i dont care, whatever will work.
I will speak to doc about it when i go for appointment about physical symptoms. Hopefully they will be ok to discuss this too as well as what i went to appointment for.

Dutch Uncle

Wishing you the best  :thumbup:

Taking medicine is OK, it's here for a reason  ;) .

Indigochild

Thanks Dutch Unkle.
Im very against medicine and am all for dealing with the core issues, as i dont believe there is an imbalance in my head or that i am inhuman for having anxiety.
I just dont know what to do anymore and i have know one who understands and who is supportive around.

I dont care anymore and just want it all to stop, and if I'm moving out of current place and living alone, it will be very hard to handle alone, so i need something.
I just want to be numb all the time again. I dont care about this cptsd stuff anymore. i just want to stop feeling.

Thanks for the advice.  ;)