Hello

Started by Maggie Jay, October 11, 2014, 05:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maggie Jay

Hi I'm maggie jay and I am very happy to have come across OOTS. I have spent years trying to heal from C-PTSD. Life is much better today than when I started my journey but the struggles linger. I keep looking for the finish line but can't seem to find  it. Thanks for being here.

schrödinger's cat

Hi Maggie Jay, pleased to meet you. I hope you'll find something helpful in this forum. I've been struggling with CPTSD for the past thirty years, so I'm in a similar place to you.

Rain

Hi Maggie Jay!    :wave:

I'm glad you made your way to the OOTS forum!   I look forward to hearing more of your Journey.

Where are you at these days?   Currently in therapy, reading self-help books, leaning towards the use of certain practices in healing?

Please do read Kizzie's Welcome topic.

Welcome, Maggie Jay!

:bighug:

spryte

Welcome!

Like a lot of others, I've been on this healing journey for a long time too. Seems like it just never ends, but I realized recently that I've only just now gotten strong enough to really start getting to the roots of a lot of this, and things have started to progress a lot quicker. I think breaking things down (like what you're still specifically struggling with) and searching out specific ways to deal with them, or understand them, is really important. I've just kind of been flubbing around all these years, trying to put patches on things instead of actively rebuilding the foundation.

I hope that you find lots of things here that will help speed you along your way! There may not be a finish line, but there is definitely a tipping point between the negative and the positive.