Dear Darling (possible trigger warnings)

Started by Vrizzy, August 30, 2015, 10:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vrizzy

I am using pretend names for people based off of animals or fictional characters:

Tav- short for Tavros (a fictional character); my boyfriend<3

Belle - beauty and the beast; my best friend

Raven - Belle's personfriend

Pikachu - my baby brother

Phoenix - a friend of mine

"Y" - an ex-best friend whom was manipulative

Dearest darling,

I cannot put into words how much you have affected my life, my soul, my mind, and my heart. You, who have seen me at some of my weakest moments and some of my most triumphant experiences, have never faltered nor shown me the slightest bit of uncaring. I know it's been hard for you, especially because you worry about me so much. I hated making you feel like you had to constantly fret over me and deal with my problems. I know that people who love each other are supposed to be there for each other no matter what, but for some reason it shocks me when people actually are like that.

I've told you things that I have been scared to tell other people, only for you to accept me and embrace who I am like it was the easiest thing in the world. You've never told me that what happened to me wasn't real or was "all in my head". I'm grateful for that. I know my "trauma" isn't very extensive or severe or even what most people would be traumatized by. And you probably know this yet you didn't really bring this up.

You are the most amazing person I have ever met, my rock, my life, my soulmate. I look at you and the world melts away; nobody else matters or even exists when I gaze in your eyes, and you into mine. You don't always see how wonderful you are, something we seem to have in common, but I want you to know how perfect you are to me. You once told me I was perfect to you, before "Y" brought me two years of manipulation. You've called me a goddess, and constantly complemented me. You've stayed there even when I have doubted your love for me, and how long we would last.

Three years of love that I would not change. Next year we will have been together four years and after that, five. I want to marry you someday, settle down, follow our dreams, and raise children. I know we are relatively young and this is in the future but I am excited about what's to come. You, who've known me my whole life and who was my childhood crush, know that is has been a bit difficult for me to think about the future. Because of you, because of my loved ones as well, I can look forward with a rush of anticipation and joy.

Words cannot express my love for you, and how much you mean to me. You just somehow know when I am upset or feeling sick, even when I try to hide it. I know I'm not the best at hiding these things but even over texting you can tell my moods. I remember when Pheonix was moving away and we attended his farewell party together. The emotions suddenly hit me at one point, close to the end, and I started to cry because I knew I would miss him. Instinctively, you noticed and held me close as I cried. You didn't say a word, but just kept me close to you, allowing me to bury my face in your shirt. You just knew what to do. Writing this right now, my heart swells with love and gratitude.

Oh, my love, I don't know where I'd be without you! You are truly the most amazing person who has ever, is currently, or will ever exist.

But, I might be just a bit biased. ;)

With all of the love a human is capable of giving,

Vrizzy