I can't believe it

Started by no_more_fear, July 17, 2015, 12:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dyess

Yes, the recovery is still going to be a long hard road but at least our T may have a better understanding on what we are dealing with and that's really all I'm hoping for from her reading the book. That and when others come, and they will, that she can better understand them from the get go. CPTSD is not going anywhere and maybe the people who right the DSM will understand that one day. But for now we do have to be diagnosed under the PTSD levels. Since I've been going through this I've read a lot on the two because I wanted to know the difference and there is one. Maybe if we keep pushing for the T's to get a better understanding it will be easier for others to find help one day :)

no_more_fear

Thank you everyone for your replies. It really helps talking to everyone here and I wish I'd never stopped.

I told my T about Pete Walker continually. I asked her once to read his book and she gave me that look, teamed with a rye smile. You know the one, like, you really think I need that? She never refused point blank to look into him, but she never said she would. I'm having real difficulty writing this post and I've just worked out why. It's that I have such difficulty speaking honestly about someone that's hurt me. I enter into an EF everytime I say anything relating to how she made me feel. Does anyone else have that problem? Whoa, it helps so much to write these thoughts down and get them out.

Thanks so much for being there everyone. I feel pretty bad that I stopped offering other's support by keeping away from the forum and I'm so grateful to all of you for still being there.

Thanks again everyone.

Dyess

It is amazing how writing things out makes the mind look deeper and sometimes an ah ha moment can arise. Glad you found some clarity :)

no_more_fear