Happy Surprise

Started by Jdog, May 10, 2015, 04:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdog

This is the first time I have gone through an anniversary of my Mother's death without alcohol, and it's not as bad as I had feared it would be.  I had a difficult and disorienting day yesterday but bounced back today and am excited to be running a road race tomorrow (Mother's Day) and celebrate recovery from codependence.  There is always more work to be done, but what a difference 3 years and daily self work has made!

Kizzie

Way to go JDog - congrats!   :cheer:

Jdog

I ran proudly and happily this morning, no darkness weighing me down.  Before the race, I was doing a bit of meditation and the standing-on-one-leg balancing thing, staring out at the ocean.  Suddenly, a whale popped into view very near to where I was standing.  I looked around and realized  I was  the only one to have seen this magnificent mammal.  What a blessing on my day!  I went on to run one of my fastest races in several years, and was really so glad to be me. 

Jdog

Thank you, BeHealthy.  I agree that the whale blessing positively impacted my experience.  Your ability to appreciate my story brings me joy.