Doing Bypass Surgery- Need Some Advice

Started by Rizzo, April 14, 2024, 06:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rizzo

Hi need some advice
I'm doing bypass surgery.. I wanted to know if anyone knows someone who has or has done this surgery themselves
I am very stressed and would appreciate someone who knows this situation.

Chart

Hi Rizzo, very sorry to hear your health worries. Sounds scary. I send comfort and support if that's ok. My sister recently had lung cancer with surgical removal. All I can suggest is to take your time with the surgeons and the system. As little stress as possible. Sorry I can't suggest more.
 :hug:

NarcKiddo

I have no personal experience of this surgery. So I cannot offer specific advice but I do want to wish you all the best.

I had abdominal surgery a couple of years ago (keyhole surgery to remove my gallbladder). That was done under general anaesthetic. The only tip I can give is to say that general anaesthetic can sometimes make you feel nauseous. They have effective drugs they can give you after surgery to help you if you feel nauseous. So make sure to tell the staff if that happens. It does not happen to everyone. But it is easy to assume you feel sick from surgery to that area and if you don't know they have drugs to help then you might not think to ask.

If you have any specific questions you think I could answer given the surgery I had then I am very happy to help if I can.