Emoticon visibility?

Started by vitamind3000, March 20, 2024, 04:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vitamind3000

Hi there, I'm hoping this is the right place to ask this, and apologies if there's a space that answers this question.

I was wondering if there's a way to hide the emoticons above the text box? I was sitting down to write a post and find them to be a bit overwhelming. I'm really visually sensitive to the flashing & having so many stark emotional displays feels intense (I've experienced lots of emotional manipulation & also projection, didn't realize how much something like this could impact me). I also tried to resize the page and enlarged the text entry box to see if I could scroll them away, but the part of the page they're set in is really good at making sure they're always visible.

I understand that I could type in another space and paste into here, however I was planning on using this space as a text entry specifically because this feels like a safe container to write things down.

Kizzie

Unfortunately there isn't any way to turn off the emoticons for just one person's account vitamind3000, sorry. I think short of putting something like painter's tape across the top (it comes off easily) whenever you are typing, your only option is to type elsewhere and paste.