New here (trigger warning)

Started by mxgaladh, February 23, 2024, 05:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mxgaladh

Hi there! Within the last few years, I've started to realize just how much trauma has affected my life. A couple years ago, I was diagnosed with "generalized PTSD", though I'm fairly certain it's more CPTSD than regular PTSD. I recently started seeing a trauma therapist.

I found this site when I was looking for resources. Lately, I've been really realizing more and more how much my trauma is affecting my life, and I'm trying to find any sort of information, help, etc. So I decided to join.

TRIGGER WARNING: DEATH/ILLNESS!!

I won't go into detail about my trauma, but it started with the early death of my mom. Now, my husband is also dealing with illness, and so my past traumas are being triggered. I'm doing my best to deal, but I'm still struggling a bit with everything going on. As I've said, I'm in therapy. I'm also looking for other resources/support, so I'm not looking at this site for sole support, but I am hoping that being here will be helpful.

Papa Coco

Mxgaladh,

I would like to extend a very warm welcome to the forum. I joined 2 1/2 years ago, and for much the same reason you did. I've not been disappointed. The people on this forum have provided a great deal of comfort for me and I trust they will for you as well.

I can't even count the ways that the people here have demonstrated to me that we are birds of a feather. Somehow, even though our lives started out in different places and we lived through unique versions of abuse, somehow, we are all very much alike now, and we understand each other.

I hope you find the warmth here that I have found.

Welcome!

Kizzie

Hi mxgaladh and a warm welcome to OOTS.  I hope you find support and information here to help you out.

Rizzo

Hi, Hi, I'm also new here, I wish you the best of luck in you OOTS.  :)

Larry

NarcKiddo

Hello and welcome. I am glad to read that you are getting therapy, and I wish you all the best on your healing journey.

kittenintheyarn3

Hello and welcome! You are not alone in the struggles with PTSD pertaining to early parental death. I can relate to early parental death as my father was killed when I was 6 months old, step-father was killed when I was 13, and mother died when I was 19 of a preventable illness.