New here

Started by whs, December 19, 2023, 10:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dollyvee

Welcome to the forum whs  :heythere:  I hope you find what you need here.

Quote from: whs on December 20, 2023, 03:52:51 PMMany think they can "read" body language but often do not "get" me when they try.   
 For example, reading "fear of not being believed" (a trigger) as "not telling the truth".

I identify with this. For me, I think it's also a partly learned behaviour where, growing up in a family of narcissists, the truth was very elastic. I was never allowed my own reality which makes me question it, which makes me at times be unsure of myself and others take this as "not telling the truth" or trying to be sneaky etc.

Sending you support,
dolly

whs

Quote from: Armee on January 05, 2024, 04:28:09 PMAgain, welcome to the forum and as you see from PapaCoco's story, you'll find people here who do understand, and you being here and sharing what you have been through and are going through is helpful to others, too.

Thanks Armee for supportively responding. 
I find that lack of any response leaves me wondering if I am understood, cared for, etc.

Armee

That's really normal to feel that way. Also it's helpful to remember we are a forum of people struggling with the challenges of cptsd. If there are times you don't get a response, it's us (dealing with cptsd), not you.  :grouphug:

whs

Quote from: dollyvee on January 07, 2024, 10:31:10 AMI identify with this. For me, I think it's also a partly learned behaviour where, growing up in a family of narcissists, the truth was very elastic. I was never allowed my own reality which makes me question it, which makes me at times be unsure of myself and others take this as "not telling the truth" or trying to be sneaky etc.

Thanks dolly for the kind response.