Hello everyone

Started by colicmel, December 15, 2023, 11:18:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tofubreadchillicoriander

That's great, colicmel. Remember: if we slip up it's not the end of the world, we're humans after all. It's important to get back to it, though while keeping in mind to be gentle with ourselves. You got this, and, I'm so glad you're doing your self care even outside hard times. Keep up the great work!

colicmel

Feel so awful right now...just trying to get through the day.

It seems like stressors/triggers last so long for me, days and it gets exhausting trying all the time to keep focused and busy.

All I really want to do is lay in bed but that's bad for me and makes getting up harder. I just feel so little and afraid.
I'm sorry if this is too negative

tofubreadchillicoriander

Take it slow today, colicmel. What are some steps you can take in order to improve your mood?

NarcKiddo

colicmel

Quote from: tofubreadchillicoriander on December 22, 2023, 02:43:21 PMTake it slow today, colicmel. What are some steps you can take in order to improve your mood?
Used breathwork, conscious check ins, art, worked at my job.
 Also i felt like crying so was able to do some of that. This is something that's relatively new and apparently on going.
I feel sad, then i cry. Idk, it's irritating.
Thank you for listening and replying, to me. It does help.

tofubreadchillicoriander

Quote from: colicmel on December 22, 2023, 11:30:25 PMI feel sad, then i cry. Idk, it's irritating.

This might be depression. Colicmel, are you seeing a professional?

Blueberry

Quote from: colicmel on December 22, 2023, 02:33:32 PMAll I really want to do is lay in bed but that's bad for me and makes getting up harder. I just feel so little and afraid.

It's OK to be negative on here if it's the truth in your life atm. We get it, most if not all of us have been there before.

I really understand wanting to just lie in bed and I'm doing it quite a lot atm. I commend you for fighting against that, knowing that it's not good for you. Feeling "little" is often a sign of being in an EF (emotional flashback). I ought to be able to suggest what to do about that but my brain is on strike.

colicmel

Quote from: tofubreadchillicoriander on December 23, 2023, 06:20:17 AM
Quote from: colicmel on December 22, 2023, 11:30:25 PMI feel sad, then i cry. Idk, it's irritating.

Nope
this sounds curt, and that isn't my intent. its hard to know what to say without t.m.i. or over explaining myself though

colicmel

Quote from: Blueberry on December 23, 2023, 11:29:42 PM
Quote from: colicmel on December 22, 2023, 02:33:32 PMAll I really want to do is lay in bed but that's bad for me and makes getting up harder. I just feel so little and afraid.

It's OK to be negative on here if it's the truth in your life atm. We get it, most if not all of us have been there before.

I really understand wanting to just lie in bed and I'm doing it quite a lot atm. I commend you for fighting against that, knowing that it's not good for you. Feeling "little" is often a sign of being in an EF (emotional flashback). I ought to be able to suggest what to do about that but my brain is on strike.
hey, thanks for saying that, guess i never thought about why i feel so little, it makes a lot of sense
 its ok that you don't have any advice, just knowing that people are there who understand helps so much
hope you can start to feel better soon.

tofubreadchillicoriander

Quote from: colicmel on December 24, 2023, 10:59:10 AM
Quote from: tofubreadchillicoriander on December 23, 2023, 06:20:17 AM

Nope
this sounds curt, and that isn't my intent. its hard to know what to say without t.m.i. or over explaining myself though

It doesn't sound curt at all. T.m.i. or over explaining is totally fine if you think it brings you relief (of course, as long as it isn't overly graphic as your post might get edited in that case - forum rules).

Would you consider seeing a trauma therapist? I don't know where you live (and that's totally ok!), however have you thought of looking for one in your area? If there aren't any (and I don't know what's your preference on physical presence), would you consider having online sessions? One way to search for a trauma therapist is through psychologytoday.com

NarcKiddo

Hey, colicmel, it is obviously up to you how much or how little you want to share. But sometimes it can be helpful to write out some thoughts, and so long as you put suitable trigger warnings if you are going to write about really hard stuff (and don't go into graphic detail, as Tofu mentioned) then most things are fine on the forum.

If you do feel like writing longer posts, though, maybe you would like to consider starting a journal in the journal section of the forum? There are different guidelines for feedback from other users in that section, so have a look at the guideline posts if you are interested. But people generally feel free to write as much (or as little) as they feel like in the journal section. Just a thought. I've put a link to journals section in case you're interested.

https://www.cptsd.org/forum/index.php?board=61.0

colicmel

Thanks for your kind replies, I'll check into those links:)