This T looks interesting

Started by Gromit, December 09, 2023, 06:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gromit

Saw a poster for this person in my local Post Office today and obviously my curiosity was triggered by the mention of CPTSD. To be fair, from the name I thought it was a man.

I will look and see whether there is anyone with experience of hypnotherapy here before asking them about their work. It is pricey.

https://www.brayhypnotherapy.com/gez-bray-hypnotherapist

G

NarcKiddo

Papa Coco might be able to give some insight on hypnotherapy.

Gromit

Thanks, I cannot find much on this forum.

G

Blueberry

I checked the link and saw "Ericksonian" reminding me that I went to an Ericksonian Institute for a while. As always, therapy type depends on the person using it with me. That particular therapist was able to help me for a while, especially accessing imaginary beings who supported inner children and also imaginary safe spaces, but at some point I got all messed up somehow in a way I don't want to begin feeling back into, which I'd have to do to describe it. Nonetheless I continued to use the imaginary beings and imaginary safe spaces for a long time after, so it wasn't a total waste.

Gromit

Thanks Blueberry.

This experience has reminded me of something. I told a counsellor once that I thought I needed to be hypnotised to get at the causes of my problems. She behaved very oddly and asked if I felt safe there. I did my usual behaviour of reassuring her. I realise now she thought I was too scared to bring some things up with her. My belief was, instead, that there were some things I could not remember, was not aware of, I was conscious that some of my trauma must be pre-verbal, not available to my conscious brain to describe. What a wasted opportunity, for her to understand me, that counsellor made so many harmful assumptions based upon her experience rather than trying to understand mine.

G

Armee

I'm sorry that T made it about her issues instead of trying to understand you better.

I've here and there thought about hypnosis for a similar reason. Because I have no visualization abilities my memories do not come with images or sounds and its really just a list of facts. But that type of declarative memory doesn't exist if you are dissociated during an event. The only other informstion I have is spatial orientation and physical sensations without context. But I'm too much a chicken to try hypnosis. I'm not sure if I would see images under hypnosis and what that might do to me.

Gromit

Armee I have used YouTube hypnosis videos, mainly from The Mindful Movement, they seemed fine, as with meditations and similar, I mostly zone out. IRL I am not so sure.

I have the physical sensations but memories are from the age of 3 or 4 onwards. I feel hypnosis might be needed to unlock anything further back.

G

tofubreadchillicoriander

Gromit

Thanks took me a while to watch all of it.