I had a very bad day.

Started by Bermuda, October 05, 2023, 04:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bermuda

Holy cow I just sent the message. I feel so impostery and ridiculous right now. I feel like sending a message is creepy and weird. I feel like imploding.

Thank you all for the support. I can't believe I just sent a message. Honestly, I hope he doesn't reply, and I know he will... When I get that notification I will probably dissolve into atomic particles.

Armee

You definitely have the strength to take the next step in handling any reply.  :hug:

Moondance

Bermuda you have this and we have you - whole-heartedly

:bighug:

Blueberry

With you Bermuda  :bighug: plus tons of supportive OOTS energy :grouphug:

NarcKiddo

Kizzie

Just want to say I am with you too and that I sincerely hope your prof gets that you are texting them from a very vulnerable place.  If they don't well you have all of us to help you and pooh on them.

Saw this on a you tube video of a small child learning to swim who was quite fearful and crying and their Mom had them say "I'm big, I'm brave and I'm beautiful" so she would not feel bad she was afraid. It makes me think of young you and adult you.

:grouphug:

Bermuda

OK, so he wrote a reply. It was a very positive one.

"Hi ****,

Thank you for your letter and for telling me! I actually have some knowledge about PTSD, as I worked for a year as an educator in a project in **** with participants who had this diagnosis, even if it was a few years ago. Your letter makes it easier for me to understand and I can also think about how I can support you. Do you have any ideas of your own on what could contribute to a positive development for you and your **** studies? Have you been in contact with Student Health about your condition? Maybe they can assist in some way with help? I don't know what they could contribute, but it might be worth looking into. If you want to, of course. If you want, we can talk about this when we meet, after some lesson. Until then, all the best!"

...I don't know if I am supposed to reply to this. It's a nice reply to me. He's going to want to talk.  :blink:

NarcKiddo

That is a nice reply. And he says you and he can talk "if you want" so you are in the driving seat here. If it were me I would send a reply thanking him for his support and suggestions and saying you will be in touch further when you feel able.

If you are worried he will try to talk to you then you could also ask that if he has any suggestions or questions that he raise them with you in writing

Obviously you must respond (or not) as feels right to you, I am just offering suggestions

Very well done, Bermuda.  :cheer:

:grouphug:

Kizzie

That's awesome Bermuda!  I know it's probably daunting to talk to him but he's certainly not pressuring you to do so and you could just tell him how difficult that is for you in an email or text as it's early on admitting this to others.

I have to say it makes me proud that you did tell him - you are big and brave and beautiful to have taken that risk.  :hug: I'm also stoked that a fellow educator is aware and sounds like he is willing and able to treat you as you deserve to be treated.

Things are changing  :)

Bermuda

Things are definitely changing, and so quickly. I only hope that it continues this way. Even if this generation is getting things wrong, imagine being raised in an environment in which you can get things wrong, and are able try something else, learn, change, and grow. I am reminded of why I chose Sweden. It's no accident that I ended up here of all random countries in the world.

I hope I don't feel the need to add to this thread in the future. I really want to just get on with it. I'll let you all know if I pass or fail.

Moondance

I am just so elated for you Bermuda. That was such nice response, a supportive response for you from the prof. 

No coincidence imo that he is your professor. 

:hug:

Blueberry

Wow, Bermuda! What a response! So happy for you. Yes, things are changing.