Acquired Neurodiversity?

Started by Kizzie, September 12, 2023, 04:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lakelynn

Quote from: Kizzie on October 09, 2023, 03:06:50 PMI also take a break midday in a dark bedroom with the fan running for white noise. I find I need that, look forward to it

WHEW! Good to know I have company! I'm glad your H is on board with the idea. This behavior has never been encouraged or accepted, either by myself or T. That's too bad, because it is really restorative. So, now I'm going to embrace it as normal.

Quote from: Kizzie on October 09, 2023, 03:06:50 PMI was just thinking that one benefit of having AQND is that because I was so attuned to everything around me that I was really good at paying  attention to detail.
Thanks for pointing that out.

Being neurodiverse is not a bad thing. It has kept us alive. It's so powerful though, that we have to be extra careful to learn our limits and put our safety first.

Kizzie

Quote from: Lakelynn on October 09, 2023, 11:50:16 PMWHEW! Good to know I have company! I'm glad your H is on board with the idea. This behavior has never been encouraged or accepted, either by myself or T. That's too bad, because it is really restorative. So, now I'm going to embrace it as normal.

Heck yah, it is normal for us. Clinician's tend to be 'sensitive' to naps/breaks I think because it's related to depression and not being able to get out of bed or off the couch, not understanding complex trauma and the toll it takes on our nervous system and the need to calm and reset. That's why I think it's so important to spread the word about CT, our bodies and brains are different and require different care and attention IMO.

Gromit

Someone I know posted a diagram of neurodiversity as an umbrella, and under the umbrella there was PTSD and CPTSD, trauma rewiresthe brain, does it not?

Kizzie

That's the latest talk according to my T Gromit, although I haven't seen a lot on this TBH.  If you know where the infograph is I'd love to see it. 

Gromit

https://emergepediatrictherapy.com/autistic-masking/

Sorry Kizzie, I do not check this place enough. The info diagram comes from this site.

There are different ones, some include CPTSD and others do not.

G