Hello, new here

Started by healingme, July 10, 2023, 01:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

healingme

I've been inspired to google CPTSD Forum and I found OOTS, I am thrilled to say the least.
I started my healing journey 3 years ago but it feels like a lifetime with all the ups & downs.

I crave meaningful connection where I'm understood and seen after having survived childhood neglect & 3 abusive marriages.

I want to break the cycle of dis-functionality and raise my children to become healthy, strong, happy adults, and I know I need to evolve into a better version of myself to do so.

I appreciate this forum, it already feels like home

I also love the forum's name

Kizzie

Hi and a very warm welcome to OOTS HealingMe  :heythere:   So glad you found your way here and I hope you find the healthy and meaningful connection you're craving here.  :yes:

Denali

Welcome healingme!

I hope being among others who understand help you on your healing journey.

Papa Coco

Welcome Healingme

I'm glad you found this forum. You definitely found a place where we all seem to understand each other. We all have different pasts, but somehow we all ended up with similar symptoms, thought patterns, and trauma triggers. So we can talk as openly as we want to with each other without having to explain why we think the way we do.

I spend most of my time in the Recovery Journals section of the forum. It's where I do most of my corroboration with others who see the world from the same trauma-induced vantage point as I do.

I hope this forum is as helpful to you as it's been to me. Welcome!

NarcKiddo

Welcome.

I love your user name. May the healing continue.

:hug:

healingme

Thank you all for the heartwarming messages, I find it fascinating to be amongst those whom are the living proof I'm not alone, nor am I indefinitely defected.

I've been wondering though how could I start benefiting from the forum besides reading through and possibly interacting when I feel like it.

the Recovery Letters caught my eye, how do I go about it? do I just post a letter I wish I could send to someone?

Kizzie

Yes, that's pretty much it with recovery letters HealingMe, it's a way of saying what you want to someone without actually sending it.  It can be to someone who is living or who has passed on.  The point is to say what you need to to the person so you let those feelings out you've held inside.

healingme

I just posted my first letter,, It feels really good

Thank you so much  :hug:

Kizzie