Zoom Group(s)

Started by Kizzie, July 09, 2023, 05:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

Our trial Zoom group went really well, so much so that we are going to continue meeting indefinitely.  I am posting to find out of any other members on the forum are interested in being a part of another Zoom group. The group size that seems to work best is 8 members.  Our first group met for an hour every two weeks and that has worked well so we are going to continue with this arrangement. We would likely do something along the same lines with the second group but the group can decide if we get another 8 members who want to try it out. 

If you are interested in trying a Zoom group you can add your name here in a post, PM me or email me at l.herod@yahoo.ca. Please let me know where you live and your time zone. 

Kizzie

storyworld

I may if I can get a non-revealing Zoom account. The one I currently have connects me with a particular organization (shows my ID as the organization).

Kizzie

I should mention the Zoom groups have a private group area on the forum that only they can see.  Also, I send out the link to the Zoom session and you can choose whether to use your real name or your forum name. If you only want your forum name used I can send the link so that no-one in the group knows who you are and won't be able to see your email address. 

storyworld

Thank you! Is everyone okay if I don't show myself in the video and instead use an image or something?

CactusFlower

Just as an FYI, if you are signed into zoom when you join a meeting, whatever display name you have will show. If you don't want that, you can change it in the settings either on the pop-up window or at your account after you sign in on the web at https://us05web.zoom.us/signin  and then just change it back after the meeting.

Kizzie

And you can just use audio and turn off your video.

Towhee

Yes, I'd be interested in joining!  I'm in the US, EST.  Thank you so much for hosting this.

healingme

hello, I would love to join too please.
however, my time zone might be an obstetrical.
+3 hours GMT

how do I sign up ?

Kizzie

OK Towhee and HealingMe I'll add your names to the list.  I'm shooting for 6-8 members and to start in Sept once we get a few more members who are interested in trying it out. 

HealingMe -our current group has a wide range of time zones so hopefully we'll be able to find a time for this second group.

healingme

Moondance

I'm interested as well, I'm in Alberta

DD

I'm interested. My time zone is GMT+3
As an added difficulty, I have kids on weeks that are even numbered to participating on those is a bit difficult.

Kizzie

OK DD and Moondance, tks for adding your names.  We'll try and sort out the day of the week and time once we have enough members.  Our current group meets on Fridays and ranges from PST to GMT +2 so we'll do our best to work that barrier out.

I'll be in touch with everyone later in Aug  :)

Kizzie

SunnyDays

I would love to talk in small groups