Cracked Ice's Recovery Journal

Started by CrackedIce, December 17, 2022, 03:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrackedIce

Definitely hit the nail on the head with that one Armee. I could definitely see that approach working. The main hurdle is making sure I can get to a place of empathy... Which would require getting out of my spirals and climbing into a warm happy place where I can be authentic. Honestly that sounds really hard to do in those circumstances, and the critic in me is instantly responding with "why are you the one who has to move mountains?", But at the same time I totally see how that would be the best approach. And our couples therapist said pretty much the same thing :P

Thanks for the reminder that you had talked to your existing therapist about EMDR - I may try the same and see what she thinks!

Armee

Ah yes that's right the wicked triggers definitely keep us out of an ability to deal with things that way. Me, too. Just different triggering circumstances. It's slowly getting easier to be less triggered but it took a few years of hard work.

Good luck with T. It took mine a few nudges to follow through. But once he signed up for the training literally in one of our sessions it was a pretty short training process.