Hope's Journal: 2022

Started by Hope67, January 05, 2022, 06:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CactusFlower

Gentle hugs if you want them, Hope.  That's a lot to think about. I feel like he actually meant "Snarky"? I certainly can feel the sarcasm increasing when I get snappy and don't feel well. Just a thought.

The dream would have worried me, too. Is there an inner child that is feeling stifled or not allowed space? That imagery would have been scary to me too.

*shares warm blanket and favorite warm beverage*

Blueberry

Quote from: Armee on December 29, 2022, 07:50:02 PM
Im so happy to see you writing first in your journal before going on to others' journals. I notice a lot of times you write a lot first in others journals and then don't get much to your own. And it makes me happy you are taking care of yourself first.

:yeahthat:  :yes: :hug:

I'm responding to others' posts rn so as to avoid doing my own stuff, I admit.

'narky' is British English and means 'bad-tempered' or 'irritable'. I've just looked it up cuz I couldn't quite remember what it means. The usage of it will pre-date all this talk of 'narcs' outside the field of psychiatry, so your partner will definitely not mean that you are - or part of you is - a narc. He'll mean he's noticing you snapping at him a bit, the way you said you had been.
:hug: :grouphug: for you Hope

rainydiary

Hi Hope, I am glad to check in here today.
I appreciate you sharing the various things and various feelings, emotions, reactions.  I hope you find some rest in between all the ebbs and flows.

CrackedIce

Hey Hope, hope you're feeling better since your last post!  I always have sickness sneak up on me during holiday breaks.

Your motherhood reflection comment really resonated with me - I find myself thinking quite a lot about how I was treated as a child and comparing that to my own kids (they're a few years older then when I was first PA'd) and I get quite angry - how anyone could choose to treat a child like that is beyond me.  It makes me appreciate other parents and focus on my own parenting as well.

Have a good new year!

Hope67

:grouphug: Thank you all for what you said.  The 'narky' term - I realise now it doesn't mean Narc - I think I was taking it too personally in a not good way at the time, probably due to being in an EF or something.  I did talk to my partner about it later in the same day, and it was really useful to talk about it with him.  He did confirm that I had been 'snappy' rather than anything else.  That was a relief!

This time of year is challenging, but I do feel some optimism for the year ahead, and I welcome 2023 - I will most likely start a new journal in the coming days - so this will most likely be my final entry in this particular journal, and I will start' Hope's Journal 2023 in the coming days. 

I know I shall come back to my old journals and re-process and re-read the things written here - and especially want to thank anyone who took the time to pop in here and write things - as I appreciate what is said by each and every person who does that.  Thank you   :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hope  :)

rainydiary

Best wishes in the coming year.  I'm glad you were able to talk through the situation with your partner - communication is so important and also so difficult.  I am glad we are in community here together.

sanmagic7

hoping the new year is all you want and need, hope, and that the momentum you have keeps carrying you thru.  love and hugs :hug:

CactusFlower

Best wishes and even more hugs for the New Year!

Hope67

Thank you so much  :hug: :hug: :hug:
About to start my new Journal for 2023, so ending this one today.
________________________________xxx______________________________

Blueberry

Hope67

Thanks Blueberry - good to see you too  :hug: :hug: