Sad:(

Started by Mius, October 10, 2020, 06:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mius

I started a work book Seeking Safety with my therapist, on advice of my Shrink. I was not prepared for the sadness.  I'm a 40 year old white male and I dont think Ive ever cried so much in my life. We are trying to do the first section and I have to stop it, it has been 3 freeken weeks!!! lol My wife teases me non stop (in a fun way).
My alert ness is way up as well. I see her everywhere. and Dreams sooooo many dreams.

Everything I build for the last 30 years is coming down and it's scary as ...(well you know)

Thanks for listening.

Blueberry

Hello Mius,
Idk if we've met before, so hi and welcome to the forum  :heythere:

We're not really meant to give advice on here but a voice in me is repeating "Go slow, go slow!" Three weeks is a very short time in the framework of recovery from trauma. It's OK to take your time. If you're crying that much, then there is a lot going on internally. And as you say your alertness is way up and you're having lots of dreams. Just more evidence that there's a lot going on emotionally for you. Pauses in recovery to reground are par for the course.

Mius

Thank you...

It is so true, we have still slowed right down for this to process. I just need to vent sometimes where I know someone can hear.
:thumbup: