Finally to have found you...

Started by a8, July 04, 2022, 04:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

a8

Hi
    Im so grateful to have found you, i have been drifting alone for 49 years.

49, male, survivor, explorer of cptsd and then some....
Live on a small island in the atlantic

in a state of hypervigilance since 2017, realized cptsd in okt 2020

a8

Kizzie

Hi and a very warm welcome a8, you are not alone anymore  :hug:

Papa Coco

Hi a8,

I'm a 62-year-old male who has lived with CPTSD most of my life. I find comfort in being able to finally connect with others like myself. Until only a few years ago I believed I was the only freak on the planet who no one could ever understand or connect to. But as forums like this one become available, I'm finding that I'm not such an odd duck after all.

I suffer with depression, anxiety and hypervigilance. All my life I was told I'm too emotional for my own good, and "why can't you just get over it?" Well...now I know that people with CPTSD can't "just get over it" but at least we can make friends with others in the same boat. Life is a lot easier to take when we know we're not alone.

woodsgnome

Hi a8  :wave:

It's great to note your arrival here on our 'island' -- a refuge and base from which we can start to regain our equanimity with other refugees who've landed here.
Here is a place of variety, with, of course, the emphasis on moving away the void into which we'd fallen and felt so alone.

But we weren't destroyed, eh? Here we are; and happy to welcome you onto our shore. May the discoveries you make enhance the resilience you've already shown by joining us.