hello

Started by StartingHealing, January 14, 2022, 01:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StartingHealing

Hello,

Little bit about me.  Was adopted as a 1yr old into a family that had a dairy farm and other natural born children.  Been feeling that there is something.. off,   with me for a while,  beyond abandonment.  Turns out that birth mother left the hospital without me.

Been through some events.  Farming can be pretty dangerous.  Not to mention I've been in 6 severe auto accidents.  Chiropractic is a wonderful thing.  Put me back together more times than I can remember.  The person in the role of mother really liked Xanax, there was a personality disorder there I think.

married, had a blended family, kids grown and gone. 

Started noticing that my wife ... it hasn't been diagnosed,  but there are definite traits, repeating behaviors that lead me to the conclusion that she has a personality disorder.  Started looking into that and found that to improve things, I need to stop making them worse. 

In the process of looking at myself, it appears that there are codependent behaviors on my end, and perhaps PTSD / CPTSD as well.  I'm not certain of the PTSD / CPTSD though. 

I hope to connect and learn.

Thanks for "listening"

Bermuda

Welcome StartingHealing, I hope you manage to find what you are looking for here. It's great that you're taking time to look at yourself too. I've found this forum tremendously helpful for finding information when concrete answers are not possible.

Not Alone

Welcome, StartingHealing.  :heythere:

Kizzie

Hello and a warm welcome to OOTS StartingHealing  :heythere:

tea-the-artist

welcome StartingHealing :) thank you for sharing a bit with us

bluepalm

A warm welcome to this healing community StartingHealing. In my experience, the journey of 'looking at myself' has been the most worthwhile journey I have taken. I hope you have a similar experience.