Started by Purplelily, January 02, 2022, 11:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purplelily

Hope I'm posting this in the right place, I'm new here, someone I connected with on another MH forum recommended this place to me.

I only first realised my life long difficulties were from cPTSD when I started therapy early last year (2021)
Been treated for a long time for Depression and Generalised Anxiety Disorder but when the meds weren't helping I knew something more was wrong.
I'm still with the same therapist and making some progress slowly.
Hope this will feel like a safe place for me and I hope I will be able to support others too.

So this is just me, saying hi to everyone x

Purplelily

14 views and no replies  ??? :blink:

Bermuda

Hello Purplelily. Welcome to the forum. I hope you find the support here you need.

It's easy to feel a bit disheartened when you don't get replies right away, but don't worry. Some people just don't know what to say.

I'm sure you'll have many replies in no time! :)

Kizzie

Hi Purplelily, I see you have deleted your account and I hope if you read this as a guest you will think about returning.  It is the holidays and members are not on here as much.  Usually you will get a reply the same or next day but you need to give it a chance. 

We really are a supportive and welcoming community.  :yes:

Blueberry

Quote from: Kizzie on January 03, 2022, 04:29:21 PM
Hi Purplelily, I see you have deleted your account and I hope if you read this as a guest you will think about returning.  It is the holidays and members are not on here as much.  Usually you will get a reply the same or next day but you need to give it a chance. 

We really are a supportive and welcoming community.  :yes:

:yeahthat:
Also some of the views could be from non-mbrs, who can't respond. Or from mbrs who are in such a bad way themselves they can't even manage  :wave: or from those mbrs attempting self-care which might include not responding to just one more post. I'm in that latter category.

It really is a good, safe place here, so please give it another try!

Not Alone

Purplelily, I hope you try again. Welcome.  :heythere:

bluepalm

Yes, purplelily, please come back and give this kind community another chance. As others have said, it's not only a quiet time of year and there are many reasons why viewers may not comment, but also this is a community of injured souls connecting openly and carefully with each other. So please don't read rejection into a little delay in response to you - although I know how easily that can happen when your words seem to fall into a void!