I really need someone to talk to

Started by Larry, August 22, 2021, 06:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armee

Moondance

Larry

I'm just feeling lonely and depressed,   i don't have any friends to talk to,   thank you both for being here.

Larry

i had a few drinks,   i really don't want to do that.   having some negative thoughts,   i feel like i need to get numb,   with alcohol or drugs,   i just can not do this by myself

Armee

I'm happy to be here for you. You are important and matter. I wish you were not suffering tonight. Is there anything I can say in this moment that would feel soothing?

Armee

It's important to have support as you go through this, for sure. And some new coping skills too would be really helpful to have in your pocket. Because you can't just rip away the drinking and not replace it with new ways to handle the traumas. Is that maybe something that you could ask the therapist for help with on the 16th? Coping and soothing skills?  :hug: We're with you.

Larry

hi armee,   just being here means so much,   thank you,   i am trying,   i just don't know what to do

Moondance

Larry

it has been hard coping without drinking,   maybe i can get a session before the 16th,   i am trying to learn coping skills,    it is amazing how you recognize these things,    i don't know why i get like this,     i am so thankfull for you both for being here

Moondance

:wave:

Hi Larry,

I am here for you as well.

I don't know if you struggle with this but my inner critic is very strong and often tells me I'm worthless, not worth trying, no one loves me or even likes me.  Self destruction then ensues.  It is so hard for me to change the thought/behaviour patterns when I see no point.

Larry

I'm sorry moondance,   I feel the same way,    I hope you are ok

Moondance

When I was first off work, on disability now, my thoughts just wouldn't stop. I was in serious crisis, in need of help.  I was pretty isolated and continue to be but at the first I was so exhausted from all the thoughts.  I did not connect with my current T til December and I'd been off work since May.  Anyway, I did not know this but I was in so much turmoil, experiencing EF's like crazy.  My body was not grounded, I was so tense I could not get a massage even if I could get there.  Anyway all to say that the first thing she wanted to do was get me regulated as opposed to dysregulated. 

Moondance

Yes I'm okay -  thank you for asking.

I'm probably just babbling - hope you don't mind.

Larry

I just don't know how to get regulated,   I always run to alcohol,   i have been so good,   i went 57 days without a drink.     I just don't know any other way right now.   I just started therapy agin,  only 2 sessions a month,   i think i need more,  and i missed my last session.   i have a few good days,  then i get totally lost

Moondance

You did great Larry and are doing great by reaching out.  Try to be kind and gentle with yourself.  You matter Larry.

Say you had a 7 or 8 year old sitting in front of you, feeling/experiencing what you are experiencing.  How would you treat that child, what would you say to that child?