hello/intro

Started by smo, March 06, 2021, 04:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smo

hi there, i'm in my early twenties and have been dealing with CPTSD for several years now, although I only got diagnosed a few years ago. my ptsd originates from childhood abuse (ever since i can remember ~4 yrs old), domestic violence, and an alcoholic parent. i am lucky enough to be seeing a therapist, but sometimes it can be hard to describe things and I thought this might be a nice place to get a feel of a community. lately, i've been dealing with a lot of brain fog as a result of overwhelming triggers and flashbacks.

i hope you are all doing okay out there. feel free to comment or chat with me if you're dealing with something similar.

Not Alone

Blueberry

Welcome to the forum, smo  :heythere: It's a good place to connect and feel support.

Bermuda

Hi, welcome to the forum. There's strength in community. I'm also a child abuse survivor. See you around.

fakeplastictrees

Welcome! :)

I, too, am new and much of what you said is very relatable. The brain fog can be quite the obstacle. I hope it lifts for you soon! I'll look forward to seeing you around the boards.

Kizzie

HI and a warm welcome to OOTS smo  :heythere:   Glad you found your way here and I hope you'll benefit from the resources, sharing your story, and the support  :grouphug:

Jazzy

Welcome smo! It can be a pretty bumpy ride, but the community is helpful. Wishing you all the best in your healing journey and that you find some peace from what you're facing right now.

Boatsetsailrose

Hi SMO
Welcome
Yes I used to get triggered a lot ...grounding techniques are so helpful