Hello

Started by David, April 08, 2015, 04:09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

My name is David.I was physically and emotionally abused on a regular basis for the first 18 years of my life.Physical and emotional abuse was normal.I am 50 years old.I have cptsd.

schrödinger's cat

Hi David, pleased to meet you and welcome to OOTS! I hope you find something here that helps.

Rrecovery

Hi David and Welcome  :wave:  You have suffered so much.  I'm glad you have found this forum; it is a safe, nurturing place.  I hope you find it helpful and look forward to getting to know you better.  Glad you are here  :hug:

David

I've been reading the forum for a couple of weeks;I've been in recovery for about two years,posting was more overwhelming than I thought it would be.
It's one thing to read material,and quite another to hear real people discussing it,it makes it real on a level not as easily dismissed as when your alone.
The forum helps me contexualize a lot of the cpts issues in a very real/meaningful way.Kind of like having something to grab on to while becoming sentient.
Thank You and Hello everybody.

Jdog

Welcome, David.  Sharing things can make them less overwhelming and more manageable, and I congratulate you upon your decision to join the forum.  May you find many listening ears and good suggestions here.

Kizzie

Welcome David   :wave:  it does take things to a different level once you post doesn't it?!  I remember the first time I posted and how hard it was then and for days afterward.  Coming here is being more public about something many of us are trained not to talk about or admit even to ourselves. And then there it is in black and white. 

And despite all the fear it raises the sky does not fall and there are warm hearts and gentle souls on the other end who understand and encourage and support us, something we haven't had much of in our lives. No wonder it takes some getting used. So take your time and post when you feel comfortable doing so.

Glad to have you here with us  :hug: