So grateful for this site...

Started by findingpeace2018, February 06, 2019, 01:34:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

findingpeace2018

I was diagnosed with CPTSD last spring.  It explains so so much.  This life has been hard, trying to figure out what is in my head is hard.  Trying to heal....hard.

I was sexually abused at a very young age.  Memories are mostly suppressed.  However, the fear, shame and sadness are not.  My father was an alcoholic, my mother has NPD from everything I can tell.  I was her scapegoat and finally went NC a year ago.  That started this process....

I have 2 amazing therapists.  One is newer and starting EMDR.  Im scared but have read so much here that has helped me feel a little more at ease.  Im so glad I have found these ladies, and so glad I have found this site.  This site is the only thing keeping me from feeling alone.  Everyone here is so kind...just reading the replies to posts I can relate to has been so comforting....its nice to have a place where people understand.

Thank you for reading my first post.  And thank you to all who contribute....it is so nice to know someone else gets it.

Three Roses

Welcome, findingpeace! I'm glad you're here.  :hug:

Not Alone

Welcome to OOTS. Going through the journey of healing from trauma is really hard. Having support makes a world a difference. Glad you have therapists that you like and support from others on the road to healing.

Kizzie

Hi and a warm welcome Findingpeace!  :heythere:   I hope being here will help you to find some peace  :yes:

findingpeace2018

Thank you so much everyone.  And thanks Behea1thy, your perspective is so right on.  Im so happy to have found such kindness  :)