Intro to Jazz

Started by JazzyMe, October 04, 2026, 12:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JazzyMe

Hello everyone,

I'm Jazz, 52 years old.
I'm originally Dutch but moved to the south of Spain recently for a much-needed change of pace and scenery.

After a life changing period in my life, 20+ years ago, I've unsuccessfully tried to pick up the pieces and make something of my life, never realising that there was such a thing as C-PTSD till about 2 years ago.
I've tried therapy several times in the last 20 years but never felt 'heard' or 'understood' by therapists, nor was the term 'trauma' ever mentioned by any of them.
I ended up telling myself I didn't need them and just needed to 'get over myself' and try harder, work harder and stop feeling sorry for myself. That didn't work...
Eventually, about 2 years ago, a psychologist-friend heard my story and mentioned (C-)PTSD, after which a lot of pieces of my puzzle started falling into place.
It explained my anxieties, hypervigilance, and a quite a few other things.
Finally I'm learning about C-PTSD and I'm close to getting some professional help too.

I'm happy I found OOTS and open to share experiences

Kizzie

Hi Jazz and a warm welcome to Out of the Storm!  :heythere:

It's a big step to finally know what you're dealing with isn't it? So many of us have spent years not knowing and thinking we're crazy that when we finally do hear about CPTSD from whatever source it just makes sense, we make sense finally.

I'm glad you found you way here and I hope you find the resources, sharing and support helpful  :grouphug:

Kizzie

NarcKiddo

Welcome, Jazz. I'm glad things have started to make sense and that you are close to getting some professional help now that you know what the problem is.