New and looking for help with triggers, nervous system, etc.

Started by UnravelingMysteries, December 17, 2017, 12:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnravelingMysteries

Hi,
Wow! That login process nearly did me in. I had no idea it was actually called out of the storm since i'm new and the url is fog. I got sooooooo frustrated!!! Started feeling stupid that I can't even get the help I need. But here I am and I made it through. I am glad there is a place for support for CPTSD since it is so elusive and complex indeed.

I find myself realizing after working on ptsd for a few years that I have been in a sort of flight-freeze state for much of my life, not knowing what was wrong but that something was. I'm interested in ways to stay connected and grounded, learning to be a compassionate witness to my own suffering for corrective experience, and learning with and from others on this healing journey.
Thank YOU!

Blueberry

Hi UnravelingMysteries!  :heythere: I'm glad you found us and made it through the login process.

Dee

M.R.

Hello Unraveling,

I have also had many years of treatment (9), but haven't seemed to get anywhere. I hope you find what you're looking for here. (:

MR

Rainagain

Welcome aboard!

The good news is you don't have to register ever again as you have now arrived.

I hope you get a lot out of being here.

Three Roses

I welcome! Around here, Pete Walker is our source for information on staying grounded, ways to handle emotional flashbacks, triggers, etc. http://pete.walker.com

We have loads of info under our resources tab - books, printable documents, articles, podcasts - here's a link to the printable documents to get you started. They're designed to be a resource for you to provide to your doctor or therapist but there's good info there for you, as well. http://www.outofthestorm.website/downloads/

Feel free to jump into threads, ask questions. I'm glad you're here!

DecimalRocket

Hey welcome, I also had years of having to find ways to heal myself. Though my freeze response was so strong I didn't have a single person to talk about it until recently. I'm glad it's different for you.

Well, see you around.  :heythere:

Fen Starshimmer

Hi and welcome UnravelingMysteries,
QuoteI find myself realizing after working on ptsd for a few years that I have been in a sort of flight-freeze state for much of my life, not knowing what was wrong but that something was.

I can relate. It has been exhausting! But so good to know now, because it means we are normal, just a traumatised kind of normal, that needs some special TLC.

How to stay connected and grounded... For me, being outdoors away from people and buildings, in nature, is a big one. I love woods, and the rich, earthy smells - it's like a kind of aromatherapy, calming  :)