My brain is overwhelmed with this

Started by meursault, August 29, 2016, 04:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meursault

Ok.  So I went and retrieved my pictures from outside her office.  I stood out on the street after and looked at them and cried a bit.  I decided to have as much class as possible with this so I got a "thank you" card, put the payment for the half hour she said she'd just void, and wrote this:

Hi [T],
I really wish we'd been able to make that work.  I was so optimistic and hopeful with you for quite a while.  I hope you don't feel bad at all.  There's just something fundamentally wrong with me.  I was really trying to find some way to recover from this, too, but you have become so unpredictable and scary to me. 

Anyhow, I think you're a really nice person, and your enthusiasm and insight really helped me feel like maybe I mattered!  I hope you don't feel bad about how this went!  I was really feeling like you cared and understood me, so I have that experience for a while at least.  I've included payment for the half hour, too.  I don't feel right not paying.

I wish we could have figured a way through this!  Thanks for trying with me,
[Meursault]

I don't know, I think it's classier and a more mature thing to do than just skulking away...

The End!

Meursault