Victim of Violence and CPTSD Disabled-Parents Abusing me~Hwlp

Started by ashluvsbella, October 27, 2016, 02:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashluvsbella

I am 34 years old and had to move back in with my parents last summer. I lost everything due to intent to kill, kidnapping and torture from my ex. I lost all my savings, my job, my health, and recovery was horrid. Now I have been living with my parents and the abuse has escalated so bad in the past three months. I have lost 40 pounds, I can't sleep, I can't eat, and they basically are loving the fact they can do this to me. I am on disability because the idea was to go back to school for another degree. The thing is I'm scared I am physically going to not make it here.

Kizzie

Welcome to OOTS Ashluvsbella.  It sounds like you are in a situation that requires some immediate outside intervention by the police or social worker. I strongly encourage you to go to your physician, the police or a shelter in your area and get some help with this situation right away. 

While we can lend support there is nothing that we can do IRL so the very first thing you need to do is get yourself to a safe place. There is get treatment and support available, just try reaching out.  :hug:   

ashluvsbella

I can't leave my boxer dog behind and they are basically setting me up to the point of no options. I have to be silent in my room

LucyHenry

Sounds like you feel trapped.  Don't be afraid to call every place that could help you. When you think you're out of options, keep looking because there is always something you haven't tried. Pets are family and support when no one else understands, mine certainly are. More and more shelters will accept pets or have temporary foster arrangements for pets while someone is seeking shelter. If your only chance to talk to someone about an abusive situation is during a doctors appointment, make up a reason to visit asap and ask to speak to the doctor alone. It's your right.

sanmagic7

welcome, and hope you find your way out of there sooner than later.  self-care is the most important.   i agree about reaching out - keep looking, you'll find the help you need.  big hug to you, and best wishes that this nightmare ends quickly.

ashluvsbella

Do we have rights as victims of violence and disabled to complex ptsd. The cops came due to an emergency my father well D* flipped out on me and said i was crazy and he blamed me for existing. I don't know what to do at this point. I receive only 849 a month. I need to figure out a way to survive and get out. My health is so bad I see floaters in my eyes like sparks, my cognitive abilities are horrid, and i never got help when i should have. Does anyone know about rights and help....

Three Roses

We do have rights, what they are vary depending on your location. Would a crisis hotline be able to help you in your situation? I liked the idea about saying you don't feel well and asking to see a doctor - then going in alone and telling the doctor what's happening.

Someone needs to hear your side of the story. :hug:

ashluvsbella

I can try but they always win...i have called hotlines...its sad bc i don't think people realize the gravity of it...the cops were called and they didnt help much...my body is breaking down and my boxer dog is in horrid shape...my old therapist knows and she hates what they did to me but fired them...my room i believe its bed bugs but my dad aka D* says in delusional...i just try to fix the room again to see if i could do it...ive worked on it for three months and i can't handle it anymore...i guess i will take my disability money and live from my car and camping gear so bella is happy in the morning.

Three Roses

There is nothing IRL (in real life) we can do, if you need help you will have to contact someone in your area and talk, yell, scream until someone will listen. Police, doctor, therapist, lawyer ... as a previous person posted, there is always something you can do that you haven't tried. We know, because we are survivors, too. You are the key to your own rescue!

Also, our Guidelines state that real names should not be used in your posts. I have edited your posts to remove your dad's real name. Thanks for following our Guidelines and helping us keep this a safe place for everyone.

There is an answer! Keep trying. :hug: