Hello from Montreal

Started by Nobody3489, August 27, 2023, 07:08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nobody3489

Hello everyone, I joined almost 3 weeks ago and have been gathering up the courage to say "Hi!". I'm going through a particularly rough patch in my life and was recommended this site by a kind therapist.

I don't want to get to deep into detail but my siblings and I suffered early childhood trauma while we were young in the foster care system. I don't want to go to in detail but maybe I'll gain the courage to later on.

Hopefully I can bond and connect with some of your stories as a fellow sufferer of CPTSD.

Bermuda

Hi Nobody, welcome. It's nice to hear therapists are recommending this forum. We are a nice group, and you can share as much or as little as you feel comfortable with.  :grouphug:

dollyvee

Hi Nobody3489,

Welcome to the forum :heythere:

I hope you find what you need on here. I found it a good place to learn about and express some of the things I was going through.

dolly

Kizzie

Hello and a very warm welcome to OOTS  :heythere: It sounds like you have been through a lot - very sorry you did.  You are in good company here because we all have so we get it. It's common to need to take your time before you post.  Just do so when you feel comfortable.

:grouphug:

Nobody3489

Thank you, you all are too kind :)

Saluki

Papa Coco

Hi Nobody,

Your chosen name, nobody, speaks volumes and tugs at my heartstrings. I'm glad that you have a caring therapist and that they recommended this forum.

To your comment that you don't feel comfortable sharing too much right now, that's perfectly okay. Personally, I want to know whatever you want me to know about you.

And this forum has a helpful feature: It allows us to go back and edit or remove posts we've posted. That's important because, at times, I get into moods where I want to say more, but then, as soon as my post goes live, I get this terror running through me that I shouldn't have shared it.

I have, in the past, deleted a lot of my own posts because posting them brought me too much anxiety. I say this to you because the ability to edit and delete after posting helps me feel safer knowing that if I overstep my own feeling of safety, I CAN go back and delete until I feel ready in the future to disclose more.

This forum is a safe place to share only when you feel compelled to do so. And courage comes, but it comes at its own pace and we really shouldn't push ourselves. Pushing ourselves to give too much to others at the expense of our own feelings is often what gave us the PTSD in the first place.

Courage comes. Give it time. A lot of members read more than they write here. If a day comes when you feel compelled to share more, that's the day to share more. No sooner than that.