Of course it's worth it!

Started by Blueberry, January 10, 2023, 10:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armee

I'm so sorry for your loss, Blueberry.  :fallingbricks:

Not Alone

I am sorry for the loss of your friend.

Glad you have friends coming over to help you pack.

Blueberry

Thank you everybody :grouphug:  Just putting one foot in front of the other, trying to get things done for move.  It's hard to motivate myself atm.

sanmagic7

rainydiary

Thinking of you as you take a step at a time.

Blueberry

Thank you everybody once more!  :grouphug:  I'm getting a lot of concrete help irl atm. Otherwise I'd probably have given up by now and would be sitting cowering in a corner. I wish I hadn't allowed myself to be persuaded by moving company to do my own packing. It is a ton of work and difficult for me.

Armee

Really good job getting help from friends. It is so much work to move especially when you are dealing with extra challenges and stressors. Ugh I wish they hadn't pushed you into packing on your own too! Keep going, though. It will be worth it to be away from LL and that stress.

When is moving day?

Lots of hugs and love and virtual support until then.  :grouphug:

Blueberry

Quote from: Armee on March 03, 2023, 02:09:04 PM
It is so much work to move especially when you are dealing with extra challenges and stressors.

:yeahthat: :yeahthat:

Makes sense when I think about it. I just have to go back to the knowledge that my inability to work more than 3 hours per day consistently extends to any kind of work, not just professional work.

Moving day is tomorrow, Monday that is.

Thank you for the love and support, Armee! :hug: :grouphug:

I might read and respond to a few posts now but then I'll be off the forum for a few days anyway.

Armee

Oh my gosh!!!! Good luck! My fingers are crossed that you feel happy and safe in your new place. If not that's OK, too, to mourn what you lost. It will be nice though to not have the stress of moving and paring down hanging over you.

rainydiary

Not Alone

Thinking of you and these big changes.

CactusFlower

Gentle hugs and wishing you plenty of energy.  Good luck and may the move go smoothly. :)

Blueberry

Thank you everybody :hug:  All things considered, the move went well. A bit of overenthusiasm on the movers' front especially over-ringing and then breaking doorbell which led to other glitches especially on the telecommunication front. I've got phone and Internet back only today.

I'm enjoying setting up my new place bit by bit. The more time I spend here, the more potential I see here. It's a good place! I did a good job persuading LL to take me rather than someone else :applause:  but I'm lucky to have got the place, lucky my predecessor moved out when she did, lucky an LL from a few years back is vaguely related to new LL and was willing to recommend me :)

Lots to do but just :heythere:  I'll be back on more in a few days or whenever it is, I'm better settled.

rainydiary

Blueberry

Thank you rainy :)

Back to my usual yesterday - read all day in bed and didn't leave the house all day or the apartment for that matter. Well, sunday is a day of rest. otoh I had intended to a) move plants from old place over to a friend's to keep till I can plant in new garden and b) go to church in evening and sing with choir.

Gardening and singing both do me good...

I then set my alarm for this morning 6am or something to go over to old place and rescue my plants before builders arrive as they may well toss them in their skip and that would be rather a waste of all my efforts to dig the stuff up. But it's 10am and I haven't been over.

But I did get a call from the farm. Someone's going to come over and drive me and the plants (what's left of them) to the friend's (who they know too).

When I was digging up plants on Saturday, I was really enjoying myself. Pottering around in my garden - that's so good for my mental health, so it's great I got a new place with a garden I can work in!