Trauma Superconference Thoughts and Notes

Started by Lakelynn, February 01, 2024, 09:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lakelynn

Thank you Blueberry, I remember tuning in a couple years ago. I had no problem registering and finding DAY 3, which is Wednesday January 31.

Coming back here to edit on the chance other people see this. This conference lasts from Monday January 29 to Sunday, February 4, 2024.
To register, all that's needed is a first name (doesn't have to be real) and an email. Forewarning here, you'll get marketing along the way and you'll have to unsubscribe more than once. Eventually it will stop.

You're taken to a main page where it looks like you can only BUY things, but scroll down. You'll see a bookmark this page link.

Click on that and you're on a page where each day is summarized by speaker, and their headshot photos. You'll see anything prior is Buy Now, whereas the current day is WATCH now. You'll have complete free access to anything on that day, regardless of time. Once midnight hits, I imagine it will close.

I watched Thomas Hubl Attuning to Collective Trauma and Lindsay Gibson, Disentangling from Emotionally Immature People. Her presentation was so RELEVANT and POWERFUL, I immediately checked out an ebook with a similar title and placed a hold on her most current work.

This is earth shattering, ground shaking for me because it completely explains my favorite topic, The Karpman Drama Triangle. It also speaks specifically to the "Four Horsemen of Self-Defeat"
Learned Helplessness
Passivity
Immobilization
Dissociation

Today, Dr Diane Poole Heller talks about How to Unfreeze Trauma.

Some of her points:

Memories are stored by intensity level, not by chronology
There are three time periods: the traumatic event time (how old were you?) the present, and the future.

Her points are to bring present resources, (sympathy, compassion, active listening, reassurance) from the present (therapy of otherwise) and match it to the feeling of being alone at the time the trauma was occurring. She calls this "resourcing."

We approach traumatic memory a little bit at a time, usually peripherally, not straight on. In order to "heal" or change our response, it is imperative that we honor our pace, and not try to "get it done" by rushing ahead, or even abandoning your present life to dedicate yourself to healing. Your present life, with it's schedules, roles and identities actually forms the scaffolding of the healing process.

The somatic bodily healing response can take up to 7 times longer than the cognitive processing.  :blink: Now, that's news I can use.

These hour presentations are very intense for me and I have to stop frequently, walk away and then come back. Good things nevertheless and hats off to Blueberry for making this available.  :applause:  :applause:  :applause:

Kizzie

Sorry Lakelyn and Blueberry - the platform has changed how it allows admins to move posts and thread so a bit of a hash job on my part,  but at least your posts are in the conferences and courses sub-forum rather than in Gromit's thread on menopause and hormones.

Blueberry

Blueberry

Expressive Arts workshop: Listen and GET CREATIVE

Expressive arts are important for trauma healing. I know this, forget it, find out again and still put off my creative projects.

A few minutes ago I started the session below only to be invited in the first couple of minutes to grab paper and crayons or coloured pens and join in!

https://www.consciouslife.com/conferences/tsc-4/sessions/experiential-expressive-arts-therapy

Edit: Actually turned out a bit different than I had envisaged, tho still very useful.

It's more like Listen and Get EMBODIED through sighing and doodling  ;D

Go to minute 38 for quick instruction and get into expressing as of minute 40. I skipped most of the listening part before all that because I felt I know enough of it.

I hope to do a write-up in next few days.