Group therapy trauma recovery group: Triumphant Trauma Tribe

Started by Geeky Gramma, November 15, 2020, 10:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geeky Gramma

I am LOVING the new trauma recovery support group I am involved with called Triumphant Trauma Tribe.  It is totally free, and is led by a licensed therapist.
I have found such comfort and support there, as well as therapeutic help.  Being with others who know how it feels to be dealing with trauma symptoms and all that goes with them, has been fantastic.  There is a FB group page, and then online Zoom meetings at 5pm on Saturdays and 6:30pm on  Mondays.  We support each other outside of the group meetings as well, and that has been SO encouraging. 
If anyone is looking for a safe place to share and heal, this is the place!
If anyone wants more information, I would be glad to help. 

Not Alone

I am so glad that you found a group that where you are finding so much support.

MMercy

I would love the information on this group if it's still available! Thank you so much in advance.

Blueberry

Hello MMercy,

A warm welcome to the forum :heythere:

I see that Geeky Gramma has not been on the forum for 2 years, so it's unlikely she'll get back to you anytime soon, unfortunately.

Maybe you can find the group yourself by googling or similar.

In the meantime, the active forum mbrs here are actually very supportive and empathetic and there's a ton of helpful information and helpful experiences all over the forum.

Kizzie

I googled it and it's group therapy for clients of Linda Vidi life coaching and counseling.  So it's not free as you must be a client of Linda Vidi's.  I should note that we're a bit skeptical here about coaching and counseling (versus treatment) here because these practitioners typically do not have the education and training to help with CPTSD.

Blueberry

Having now googled it, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole since I've had quite enough not-up-to-par therapy over the years, which has thrown me massively back at times. I don't find things like "life coaching and counselling" very promising for dealing with cptsd. Unfortunately I have some experience of that kind of stuff

So as not to write a novel here, I'd just say to anybody new to OOTS, there's a lot of support here on our forum!!