New Here *possible trigger warning, no detail*

Started by ph03n1x13, June 20, 2016, 05:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ph03n1x13

Hello there everybody.

I'm new here. I'm not sure exactly what to say or what to put in my introduction.

I'm here because I'm looking for a place where people can understand what it is that I'm going through. I find it hard to explain what it is that's going on in my head, especially when I've been triggered. It's hard to explain what's going on in my head.

Like many others here, I'm also a survivor of various forms of abuse. I won't go into detail. I do want to talk briefly about my journey and how I came to need this. My mother has bipolar depression. She neglected me when I was young. I was physically abused. I was raped at 13, while I was still at school. I was then repeatedly sexually abused by the same person for 3 years after. I was also verbally and physically abused until I was 25, when I decided that I needed to stop the abuse that I could. I've been lucky enough to find some wonderful people who I feel I can trust (no small feat since I've never had a base of trust when I was younger).

I'm not sure what I'm looking for here. I'm hoping for, at least, a good resource. Beyond that, we'll see what else happens.

Three Roses

Welcome! You'll find people here who really do understand what you've been thru and how it's affected you. We're all in the same boat! I know I can always come here to rant, vent, get ideas or just share a victory.

Glad you're here!  :cheer:

Kizzie

Hi and a warm welcome to OOTS PH  :heythere:  I hope you'll find lots of good resources and support here  :hug:

Tewaz

Hello ph03n1x13,
I love your name. It is a courageous and hopeful one!
I'm new here too. I hope that this forum offers what you need! :)

Dutch Uncle

Hi ph03n1x13  :wave: and welcome.

Thanks for sharing a bit of your story.  :hug:

Quote from: ph03n1x13 on June 20, 2016, 05:54:38 PM
I'm not sure what I'm looking for here. I'm hoping for, at least, a good resource. Beyond that, we'll see what else happens.
Whatever you feel most comfortable with, at any time, ph03n1x13.  :thumbup: