brave new world

Started by dalloway, April 30, 2024, 04:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dalloway

Hello people,
I was thinking of an introduction about myself and the reasons I am here but I guess we are here for very similar reasons. Personally, reaching out from the years long isolation and hopelessness is a huge milestone. For a very long time I thought I am alone with my pain and fear and anxiety but then I started to educate myself on topics like the mind-body connection, childhood trauma and CPTSD and realized that everything I feel and think has a reason and explanation, that I am not flawed or bad but there were so many things that happened to me in the past, in my family history that shaped me this way.
And more importantly I realized that this suffering and fear and shame is unique but also very universal in a way that we humans are all experiencing similar things that affect us and our lives.
I believe that by reaching out we can experience this shared humanity.
I am very glad to be here.   :)

Kizzie

Hi and welcome to OOTS Dalloway, very glad you found your way here.  It can help a lot to know you are not alone and that it is not you, but what happened to you at the hand of another or others. We do tend to experience a lot of shame and it's so undeserved, so absolutely wrong. Hopefully as we band together and get the word out about this type of abuse/neglect that happens mostly behind closed doors in secret, our perpetrators will think twice about doing anything to anyone else. 

Anyway I hope you find is helpful being here.

Papa Coco

Dalloway,

Welcome to the forum. The compassion and empathetic connections we have here with our stories, and our triggers, and our reactions is definitely helpful as we each begin to reach out from our loneliness to find others who we can "be lonely with together." It just feels good to be with people who understand how the loneliness of trauma can make us feel so isolated. I'm glad you reached out and joined the forum. I hope it brings you some well-deserved comfort as we all navigate this road to healing from our pasts.

Welcome!

dalloway

Thank you very much for your kind words and warm welcome  :)

Kizzie