Hello

Started by TriciaB, April 05, 2024, 04:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TriciaB

Hello,I am a 45 year old with PTSD. It all happened when I was in the military,Marines. I was sexually assaulted by a commander I was under.He would not take no for an answer.This was in 2011,I was in the dumps at first.  It has been a long recovery with my family for support including from Wounded Warrior Project. The VA has been a good help too. Things have been better with my service dog,Louie when I do have the panic attacks.

Cascade

Hello TriciaB and ruff ruff Louie,
So glad you have each other and thank you for joining us!  We are all on the long road to recovery.  I'm saddened to hear about what your commander did to you.  Grrr... bring him in and we'll court martial him, hehehe!  Power dynamics and authority takes so many forms.  I'm very glad to hear that the VA and Wounded Warrior Project are working as intended for you.  I look forward to hearing more from you and healing together.
   -Cascade

Little2Nothing

Welcome TriciaB!!!

TriciaB

Quote from: Cascade on April 05, 2024, 05:05:35 PMHello TriciaB and ruff ruff Louie,
So glad you have each other and thank you for joining us!  We are all on the long road to recovery.  I'm saddened to hear about what your commander did to you.  Grrr... bring him in and we'll court martial him, hehehe!  Power dynamics and authority takes so many forms.  I'm very glad to hear that the VA and Wounded Warrior Project are working as intended for you.  I look forward to hearing more from you and healing together.
   -Cascade
I got Louie back in October and has been good on when I have a panic attack trained well.Senses it on the spot

Chart

Welcome TriciaB ! Sorry to hear your trauma story. So glad you have support, it's so important. Can't get enough of it regarding what we've been through. Sending you lots as well!

BecomingMe

Hello TriciaB and I'm sorry for what you have had to endure and glad that you found your way to this group of warm-hearted, compassionate and understanding souls. You're in the right place to continue your healing  :hug:

TriciaB

Quote from: BecomingMe on April 08, 2024, 11:53:41 PMHello TriciaB and I'm sorry for what you have had to endure and glad that you found your way to this group of warm-hearted, compassionate and understanding souls. You're in the right place to continue your healing  :hug:
I knew it was not my fault for what happened to me and did not deserve it at all