Hi

Started by wetsand, April 07, 2024, 06:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wetsand

Hey, everyone.

I'm new. I made my account a few months ago then got overwhelmed and never did anything with it. Now, I remembered this place existed. I'm a woman in my 30s. I have children. I live in the southeastern USA.

I have CPTSD stemming from an abusive childhood. Many other events in my life have since contributed. I'm seeing a wonderful therapist who is the perfect fit for me, and I'm so lucky to have her. EMDR is something I have recently started.

Not sure what else to say here. I'm desperately in need of support, friends, community. My life is crumbling around me. I'm scared. Every day, I'm trying so hard, yet it's never enough.

Papa Coco

Wetsand,

Welcome to the forum. I hope the folks on this forum are able to help bring you the sense of support, community and friendship that you are looking for. I agree with you that having a good therapist is only one of the things we need as we find our way through Complex PTSD. We also need friends, and cohorts and corroborators.

It's so important to me to read that I'm not the only one who struggles, and I hope the friendships that can be made here are able to help you feel a bit less alone too. For me, the less alone I feel with my triggers and moods, the less crazy I feel.

Welcome!

Little2Nothing

Welcome Wetsand. 

Cascade

Hi Wetsand, I'm glad you're here!

Look at all you've accomplished:  a great therapist, reaching out to OOTS, and taking care of your kids while you're taking care of yourself.  For me, the feeling of life crumbling around me means my old life is shattering and changes are coming, so I need to hold on and seek connections with others.  You've already done that, even while feeling overwhelmed, so congratulations.

Thanks for joining us,
   -Cascade

Kizzie

:yeahthat:  It may be what's crumbling are the walls and defences you out in place long ago and that really is a scary feeling as a lot of us know.  It leaves you feeling vulnerable because the world you knew is going or gone. EMDR is designed to get the full brain working versus compartmentalizing the fear/pain/anger, etc that so many of us do to keep the abuse/neglect at bay. 

Anyway, a warm welcome. We are all here to talk to and I wish you all the best with your new T. I hope that helps you to feel the ground is becoming solid under you.   

wetsand

Thank you all so much! Happy to be here and get to know you all.

BecomingMe

Welcome Wetsand and sorry you're having such a hard time. Similarly, I joined this forum last year and logged on today for the first time in months - but so glad I did. The support from everyone is wonderful and I've found a number of resources that are really helping my healing. I hope you find what you need here  :hug:

NarcKiddo

Welcome. I'm sorry you are struggling at the moment and am sure you will find help and support here. I have found much help myself and made some good friends.