First post

Started by Towhee, July 12, 2023, 02:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towhee

Hi all,

I actually had an account that I didn't remember creating, but never posted.  I don't know why because the people here are clearly very kind and supportive.  I'm several years into my healing journey and had a lot of successes: a skilled and experienced trauma-informed therapist who helped me to string the broken memories into a coherent narrative; going no-contact with my family of origin; and a good job that allows me to help others and feel useful.  But I still struggle with personal connections.  I crave meaningful relationships but also fear them because all the relationships I've had have been so destructive, plus I lack foundational skills because I grew up with enforced isolation.  Summer is a difficult and triggering time for me anyway.

NarcKiddo

Hello and welcome.

I'm glad you have found a good therapist and glad you are on your healing journey. I hope this summer is not too difficult for you.

Looking forward to seeing you around the boards.

Kizzie

Hi Towhee and a warm welcome to OOTS  :heythere:  It makes sense when you think about it that relational trauma would make connection and relationships so difficult for us. I hope you find the members here help with that; they are kind and supportive and will often share some helpful suggestions.   :grouphug: