Hi everyone! This is my first post

Started by pawprint76, October 28, 2015, 10:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawprint76

Hello, I hope everyone is doing well. Like everyone else here, I went through some terrible stuff as a kid. Never having gone through therapy or any aftercare of any kind, all the terribleness followed me into adulthood and played a role in awful decisions I made. Prior to coming to this site, I wasn't familiar with Complex PTSD. It makes perfect sense.

As of now, I've been through enough therapy and counseling to write a book  :stars:  I'm on lots of happy medication - medicine is a beautiful thing. I highly recommend it  :yes:

The one thing that made the biggest difference for me while going through all the terrible stuff was having animals. Without the unconditional love and patience that my furry friends taught, I have no idea what kind of person I would be today. Yikes is all I have to say about that!

Thanks for reading
-pawprint76

Kizzie

Hi and welcome to OOTS Pawprint  :wave:  You mentioned you have been through a lot of therapy but only just learned about CPTSD when you found this site.  Were you diagnosed with something else?  Do you think you'll go back to therapy now that you have figured out what you're dealing with?

I too love animals, dogs especially - they're little four-footed furry therapists  :yes: