Blueberry's healing: what's beneficial and constructive for me

Started by Blueberry, January 09, 2018, 12:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanmagic7

you're absolutely right on about re-wiring the brain.  it's hard work, takes a lot of practice and repetition and time and patience, but i've been finding out it's do-able.  best to you with this, sweetie.  big hug filled with new well-worn paths.

Blueberry

Thank you san!

I ate quite a lot in my break, but I was honestly very hungry. I ate healthy things though. On Saturday I bought myself a pre-made salad - just add dressing. I ate most of that. That's good because mostly when I finish doing work in the more difficult professional line I'm in, I'm so drained I can't cook or prepare food or do much else in fact. That's a moment when I tend to either eat nothing or go and buy and some junk. Compared to that, what I ate today was really healthy.

Then I also went for a walk in the  sun, as far as I could find it. It's really cold for here atm but it's nice seeing the snow. It might have been harder for me to go out if warmer but raining. Usually I need a reason to go out e.g. need to post a letter but this time I just went for a bit of leg-stretch and fresh air and sun. And because I noticed on the weekend that my usual go-to unhealthy coping skills don't work. So I'm practising treading the new path down.

Sceal

I too struggle with going outside for no apparent purpose. (Despite the fact I've always loved the out doors). But it's good that you're trying out this new thing as a healthy coping mechanism. Leg-stretches can make us feel better, if nothing else than by just taking a break from staring into the same old.

Blueberry

I got my tax docs for 2016 in this morning!  :cheer: That feels really good, and is certainly both beneficial and constructive.

I really noticed how useful it was to just be rid of those documents when I accidently brought them back home again after my appointment with the accountant  :doh: :doh: instead of leaving them there. I felt the 'weight' of them again and took them straight back. (Fortunately it's just a 4 minute walk and so I got a little extra leg-stretch and a little extra fresh air as well.) It's jsut interesting to me how it made a almost physically perceptible difference to me having the binder back home as opposed to at accountant's.

When I'm having trouble getting going with anything over a number of days it's often beneficial for me to amalgamate different refuse types and bag them or cart them away. It gets things moving again. I'm lucky I live in a town with - let's see - about 6 different types so there's always some to be done. Just thinking about it gives me the feeling that things are flowing briefly instead of being stuck! It also helps me tidy. Once my paper/ cardboard bin is empty, I get an impulse to throw more paper in and there is always some paper lying around somewhere that is ready to be discarded!

I made another appointment next week at the accountant's to hand over my 2017 documents. Doing both at once to hand in today would have been too much, but now that I'm in the swing of things, it's good to get 2017 out of the way too. Then I'll feel lighter.

sanmagic7

sounds like you're doin' some good stuff there, blueberry.  well done.

step by step, right?  you go!    :hug:

Hope67

Hi Blueberry,

Great that you've been sorting through your paper and stuff - I did a bit of that kind of thing today as well.  Not as many bags though - you mentioned the place where you live can have about 6 different bags.  That's a lot!

Hope  :)

DecimalRocket

That's great Blue. I get a similar feeling when I organize digital information. Cleared up over a thousand emails in my Google account. Not to mention when removing unnecessary code to make a program the most efficient in the simplest way.  It's so. . . spacious.

Blueberry

Me too, DR, deleting files or emails makes me happy even though they don't take up any real physical space.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Feel kind of listless today. I have done a few things I needed to do and some I wanted. Came on OOTS after problems with my printer. No use tying myself in knots with that. Better to do something else for a while and then go back to it.

sanmagic7

look at you!  feeling listless and still did stuff that needed doing.  good for you, blueberry.  i say congratulations for that - it wasn't always that way.

big hug, sweetie.

Blueberry

Thanks for pointing that out san! I wouldn'T have noticed otherwise.  :hug:

Blueberry

In the past week I've been pretty good about putting skin lotion on. My skin still feels pretty dry, but imagine how it would be if I didn't put lotion on at all. It feels nice when I put it on and I enjoy the feel of my hands doing it and my hands in the lotion, which hasn't always been the case.

Sceal

It's such a simple act of self-care Blueberry, but that doesn't always mean it's easy. I'm glad you're enjoying the ritual of it, and I hope you keep enjoying it.

Hope67

Hi Blueberry,
It sounds nice - I hope you're enjoying it.
Hope  :)

Blueberry

Thank you Hope! Yes, I do enjoy it. I put it on before I go to sleep. It smells faintly of roses so that's nice too.

Today I had a really, really good and useful therapy session. Fortunately I wrote a whole lot down in my diary on the way home. Bit late to write much more here tonight. Except I could really tell how much progress I'm making.  :cheer: :cheer:

Blueberry

I had an impulse to wash my dishes today, but I did not act on that. I told myself that actually I need to be doing some paper work and not put that off by washing dishes. OK, so I did a little cleaning other spots and throwing things out instead of the paper work  :whistling: but that was beneficial too. When I have the urge to actually clean, then good urge to follow at least briefly.

Now for the paper work!